Finally, there is a relieve to Australian Permanent Residents and Australian Citizens whose parents live overseas. A new Temporary Sponsored Parent Visa Subclass 870 will commence on 17 April 2019. Parents will be able to stay for up to five years at a time without departing and the Department has announced that up to 15,000 per year will be granted.
Temporary Sponsored Parent Visa features
- Limited to 15,000 visas per year
- Maximum 10 years cumulative stay permitted
- Parent not required to depart during validity of the visa
- Multiple entries permitted
- May be eligible for a second TSPV, however, a sponsor must also re-apply to be a family sponsor
- Must leave Australia for 90 consecutive days before making the second TSPV application, although sponsor can request the applicant be permitted to lodge onshore in specific circumstances
- Condition 8103 – ‘no work’ will be applied to the visa
- Sponsorship – $420
- Three-year validity visa – $5000
- Five-year validity – $10,000
Family sponsorship framework The parent sponsor must be:
- at least 18 years old
- be the biological, adoptive, or step child of the parent, may also include the parent of a deceased spouse or defacto parent
- be an Australian citizens, PR or eligible NZ citizen
- only sponsor two parents at any one time
- have a minimum household taxable income threshold of $83,454.80
- have no debts to the Commonwealth or outstanding public health debts.
Astute Immigration Advisory can assist you with preparing and managing your applications. Act fast, as only 15000 visas will be granted per year.