Sponsored Parent Visa (Subclass 870) or Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143)?

It is a simple answer if you know you CAN NOT meet a family balance test, then the only option available to have your parents onshore for an extended period is Subclass 870 visa.

However, if you are eligible for both, how to decide if it is worth paying that much money for the contributory parent visa?

Below is the table of pros and cons of each visa that I hope will help you to decide which visa is more suitable for your parent.


Parent Visa – Pros and cons